304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Shipping from China is a common practice for companies and individuals looking to import goods from China to other parts of the world. China serves as a major manufacturing hub, producing a wide range of products that are exported worldwide. There are a few ways to deliver your goods from China to the destination country. Depending on your transport needs, the type of your cargo, and expectations, you can choose from air, sea, rail, and road freight. If needed, you can also organise a multimodal shipment of your goods. Below we discuss the advantages and disadvantages for different means of transport from China.
What forms of transportation can we distinguish?
There are various shipping methods available, each with its own cost, speed, and tracking options. The main methods include:
– Air freight: is characterized by the fastest delivery time, but also the most expensive form of transportation. Air cargo is primarily used for fragile, valuable, or perishable items.
– Sea freight: in the form of less than a container load (LCL) or a full container load (FCL). It is the most economical form of transportation.
– Rail freight: with the development of the Silk Road, rail lines are continually expanding. This mode of transportation carries both LCL and containerized goods, similar to sea freight.
– Road freight: involves transporting goods overland using trucks or other road vehicles. It provides versatility, quick delivery for limited distances, and the ability to reach diverse destinations, even remote ones. Vital factors to think about encompass crossing borders, adhering to regulations, assessing infrastructure, managing expenses, packaging, and staying in touch with shipping companies.
– Courier services: Courier companies offer a wide range of door-to-door transportation services. Courier companies like UPS, DPD, DHL, and FedEx provide shipping from China.
It’s important to keep in mind that if you encounter unusually low transport service costs, there’s a likelihood of it being a scam.
When importing products, it’s crucial to consider Incoterms, which are standardized international trade terms defining the responsibilities of the buyer and seller regarding shipping costs, risks, and other logistics. Common Incoterms include EXW, FOB, CIF, etc.
It’s essential to conduct thorough research, plan ahead, and collaborate with experienced partners when shipping from China to ensure a successful and cost-effective process. Remember that details may vary depending on factors such as the type of goods, shipping method, and destination country.